Southern Indiana Attorney
In 2019, Alex joined his father, Mike, in establishing Ooley Law. Alex graduated from Indiana University Maurer School of Law in May of 2017 and was admitted to the Indiana bar a few months later. During law school, Alex was a Moot Court finalist and was involved in the Family and Children Mediation Clinic, where he acquired experience and skills while mediating domestic relations cases. Like Mike, Alex is a firearms instructor certified by the National Rifle Association. A native of southern Indiana, Alex enjoys spending time with his family and his dogs as well as outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, fishing, competitive shooting, and dog training.
- Bachelor of Arts — Indiana University — Cum Laude and Chancellor’s Medallion Recipient — 2012
- Juris Doctorate — Indiana University Maurer School of Law — 2017
Alex’s current practice is focused on criminal defense, worker’s compensation, mediation, and firearms law. Alex is also actively engaged in civil rights lawsuits involving claims for excessive force and violations of equal protection under the law. Alex is passionate about defending individual and constitutional rights. Alex is also an active National Rifle Association certified instructor. He is also certified by the Second Amendment Foundation Training Division to teach Defensive Handgun.
Alex has legal expertise with respect to the use of deadly force, having gone through “Deadly Force Instructor” training program by the Massad—a nationally recognized expert on the use of force. In addition to training with Massad Ayoob, Alex has received firearms training from Tiger McKee at Shootrite Firearms Academy, Dennis Reichert at Sand Burr Gun Ranch as well as training with Dr. William Aprill and Greg Ellifritz.
Professional Recognition and Memberships
- Member of the Indiana Bar Association
- Member of the Federalist Society and former Vice President of the Federalist Society Chapter at Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Admitted to practice before the Indiana Supreme Court and the United States District Courts in Indiana.
- Registered Civil Mediator in the State of Indiana
- Registered Domestic Relations Mediator in the State of Indiana
- Presented at Indiana Continuing Legal Education seminars for attorneys
- Member of the National Rifle Association
- Affiliate attorney with the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
- Affiliate Attorney with USCCA CRT Attorney Referral Network
- Part business owner of a low impact, environmentally-friendly, land clearing business
- Part business owner of a firearms training business